The Open Group partners with Credly using its Acclaim platform to provide digital versions of our certifications, contribution awards, and achievements, using Open Badges.
Open Badges are digital, verified by secure metadata, and a means for individuals to display, and organizations to easily verify certifications, achievements and awards online, including milestones on the way to a full certification.
Open Badges can be used in email signatures, personal web sites, social media sites such as LinkedIn and Twitter, as well as on electronic copies of resumes. For more details on how to share your badge please see the Acclaim support pages
Frequently Asked Questions
Version 1.9? 7 Feb 2020
- Q: When will I get my badge?
- A: The Open Group is issuing badges for all new certifications and credentials within 7-10 days of a certification being completed. This includes the Open CA, Open CDS, Open CTS, ArchiMate 2, ArchiMate 3, DPBoK, Open FAIR, IT4IT, and TOGAF 9 certifications. Some badges are issued quarterly based on lists of eligible candidates being received from accredited trainers (for example the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 badge). The Open Group issues badges for achievements within 28 days. All first time eligible individuals are first invited to opt-in. This invitation requires you to grant permission to The Open Group to pass your certification record details to Credly. Once you have opted in, you should receive your first badge within 6 business days. For additional questions or support email us at badges (at) opengroup (dot) org (as noted before please include your Certification ID).
- Q: How can I claim my badge?
- A: For your first badge you will need to respond to the opt-in invitation for the badging program. Once you have done so, then further badges will be processed within 7-10 days after a certification or credential is complete, and 28 days for an achievement. If you want to check on status of your badge issuance, please contact us at badges(at)opengroup(dot)org, be sure to include your Certification ID if you have it.
- Q: What Certifications and Credentials lead to an Open Badge?
The program currently covers the following:
- The Open Group Open Certified Architect (Open CA)
- The Open Group Open Certified Data Scientist (Open CDS)
- The Open Group Open Certified Technical Specialist (Open CTS)
- TOGAF? 9 certification
- Open FAIR? certification
- IT4IT? certification
- ArchiMate? certification
- DPBoK? certification
- TOGAF? Essentials 2018
- The TOGAF? Standard, Version 9.2
- TOGAF? Business Architecture Level 1
- Integrating Risk and Security
- Q: What are Open Badges?
A: In an age where we are communicating more and more information electronically, Open Badges are a means for an individual to display, and an organization to easily verify certifications, achievements and credentials in a very visual manner online. For example, such digital badges are used in popular social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook, as well as embedding badges into your own websites, e-mail footers or resumes.
Open Badges are represented with a digital image which contains verified metadata that describes an individual’s qualifications and the process required to earn them. It is a qualification, achievement, quality, or aspect of a person’s background, especially when used to indicate their suitability for something.
For more information see https://openbadges.org/.
- Q: What are the benefits to individuals?
A: Every credential and profile on Acclaim has a unique URL that can be embedded into a resume, website or social media profile. This means, that when you achieve a new certification, you can very easily communicate this with your peers and professional colleagues.
Similarly, when you are ready for your next career move, Open Badges allow you to more easily communicate your Open Group Certifications to prospective employers.
As well as being able to display your achievements, this also helps you as an individual, stand out from other candidates, when applying for your next career move.
- Q: What are the benefits to organizations?
- A: For an organization, Open Badges help eliminate some guesswork during the recruitment process. The badges improve and enable verification of potential candidates’ credentials due to the more detailed information regarding any certification with the Acclaim system. This also allows recruiters and employers to get a much clearer idea and the context of any certifications an individual has, which makes the decision-making process more thorough.
- Q: What is the difference between a Certification from The Open Group and an Open Badge?
- A: The Open Group Certification is earned only after successfully completing the certification exam with a passing score (for knowledge based certifications such as TOGAF 9, ArchiMate, IT4IT, and Open FAIR) or passing the peer review assessment (for skills and assessment based certifications such as Open CA, Open CDS, and Open CTS). Open Badges for certification are a web-enabled, digital representation of that certification, enriched with a standardized set of metadata that verify your achievement. You would be granted the Open Badge after completion of the certification.
- Q: Why is displaying an Open Badge useful?
- A: Open badges are online representations of your certification, credential or other achievement. The Open badges provide detailed information about the credentials you hold via a single-click. For instance, an HR manager can click on your badge and will be directed to the badge's page which provides them metadata on your qualifications, and achievements, including the process you completed to earn them. This information helps you more fully explain your capabilities and high level achievements.
- Q: How does my badge get displayed?
- We have partnered with Credly, using their Acclaim badging platform, to translate your certifications, credentials, and achievements into badges. The technology used is based on the Open Badge Standards defined by Mozilla. This enables you to manage, share and verify your competencies digitally.
- Q: What is Acclaim?
- A: Acclaim is a product of Credly. Credly is leading the digital credential movement, making talent more visible and opportunity more accessible. Acclaim works with credible organizations to provide digital credentials to individuals, worldwide.
- Q: How will I know if I’ve earned a badge?
- A: You will receive an email notification from Acclaim (email@example.com) with instructions for claiming your badge and setting up your account.
- Q: I did not receive an email from Acclaim, how do I get my badges?
- If a firewall or spam filter is blocking emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, you should then go to https://youracclaim.com and create an account. Once the account is created, you'll need to submit a support request through the help center at https://support.youracclaim.com and someone from our support staff can help confirm your email address manually. Once you confirmed, you can then access your account and accept any pending badges issued to that address.
- Q: What if I don’t want my badge to be public?
- A: You can easily configure your privacy settings in Acclaim. You’re in complete control of the information about yourself that is made public.
- Q: Is there a fee to use Acclaim?
- A: No. This is a service we provide to you, at no cost.
- Q: What’s to keep someone else from copying my badge and using it?
- A: While badges are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on the Acclaim platform. This link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a paper-based certificate. It also eliminates the possibility of anyone claiming your credential and your associated identity.
- Q: Where and how can I share my badge through Acclaim?
- A: You can share your badge directly from the Acclaim platform to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, via email, embedded in a website, or in your email signature. You can download your badge and link it anywhere online. For more details see the Acclaim support pages on sharing your badge to social media.
- Q: Can I print my badge?
- A: Yes, one of the share options at Acclaim allows you to save to pdf
- Q: What are labor market insights and how can I access them through Acclaim?
- A: Labor market insights are pulled from live job requisitions. Based on your skills you can learn which employers are hiring, what job titles you might be qualified for, salary ranges and more. Search active job listings and even apply for them with just a few clicks through Acclaim. Access the labor market insights from your badge details page by clicking on Related Jobs, or by clicking on the skill tags assigned to your badge.
- Q: Can I export badges issued through Acclaim to other badge-storing platforms?
- A: Yes. Your downloaded badge contains Open Badge Infrastructure (OBI) compliant metadata embedded into the image. This allows you to store your badge on other OBI-compliant badge sites, such as the Mozilla backpack.
- Q: Can I import badges issued from other platforms into Acclaim?
- A: Not at this time.
- Q: Can I verify if an individual has a badge issued by The Open Group?
- A: Yes, visit https://www.youracclaim.com/org/the-open-group/verify
- Q: I have a question about the Acclaim platform. Where can I find support?
- A: You can find answers to frequently asked questions here: support.youracclaim.com
Acclaim Support Related FAQs
- Q: How do I create an Acclaim account?
A: You can create an account two ways:
- You are issued a badge and receive a notification email
- Set up an account prior to being issued a badge
If you're issued a badge and receive an email notification, follow the instructions in the email to create an account and claim your badge. If you haven't been issued a badge yet, go to youracclaim.com to create an account.
- Click on the round Profile icon at the right top of the page
- Select Create an Account
- Click Create My Account
- Acclaim will send you a confirmation email (email@example.com)
- Click the link in that email to confirm your account
- Q: How do I change my Acclaim password?
A: If you've forgotten your password:
- Select the Forgot Password link from the sign-in box on youracclaim.com
- Enter the email address associated with your Acclaim account
- Acclaim will send an email to help reset your password
- Q: How can I manage my Acclaim account [privacy, password, email change, etc]?
A: In order to share your badge from Acclaim to LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, you will need to authorize your accounts. Follow these steps to either add authorization or revoke authorization for sharing from Acclaim.
- Login to your Acclaim account
- Click the Profile icon from the top right side of the screen
- Select Manage Account
- From the right sidebar, click Account Settings
- Click the hyperlink next to Manage Sharing Apps
- Click Connect if you'd like to authorize an app to share your badge
- Click Remove if you'd like revoke authorization for an app to share your badge
- Q: I haven’t received my email confirmation email, what should I do now?
- A: You can resend a confirmation email by going to www.youracclaim.com and logging in with your account information. If you continue to not receive the confirmation link, please contact Acclaim Support directly.
Visit the Acclaim Support Knowledge Base at support.youracclaim.com for detailed answers to other frequently asked questions.